Monday, January 19, 2015

Oh, But You Can't, You Won't and You Don't Stop...

Mike D, come and rock the sure shot.

So, I'm listening to Beastie Boys today. I thought maybe you might need a song to be stuck in your head. You're welcome.

Popcorn. Popcorn everywhere. And so the food dreams begin.

I had a dream that I ate my weight I popcorn and I felt so guilty for doing it now, 14 full days of Whole30! But if delicious buttery popcorn was wrong, I sure didn't wanna be right.

Yes, those are my rainbow brite pajama bottoms. Stop your judging.
Just a quickie today, guys...

Today is day 15. I'm down 5 1/2 pounds. Of course, it fluctuates a pound or so each day, but I don't stress much about it. I took some progress pics. The top is day 1, middle is day 7, and bottom is today, day 15. Obviously, I don't have jeans pushing up on me in today's, so it is a little different, but the composition of my body is much different already, as you can see. I feel so much better. Less swollen. I'm also sleeping TONS better now, without pill assistance. So, that's good. My resolve is strong, too. I resisted some serious peer pressure for wine on Saturday night...*cough* Kaylea, bad influence *cough*. I think I've decided to have no booze until Costa Rica. I'm on a roll, kids! 

I start back up with classes tomorrow...technically. I've already started my internship and I have an assignment posted, so I've really already started. That means that blogs will be sporadic now since my writing will go towards my scholarly goals. Ugh. I much prefer to write here in more of a conversational and relaxed style without giving many shits about proofing and comas and such, versus scholarly writing. Dumb. The bad news is that I'll be taking my Senior Seminar this semester along with my internship and two other classes.  My Senior Seminar is my thesis paper, so that's gonna be swell. I'll be working in the mornings and I've started training for a half marathon as well. Needless to say, this semester is going to be minimal April sightings. So, if I don't text you back or answer my phone don't take it personally. I'm now back in the mode of setting reminders for stuff like, "brush my teeth", "put on deodorant", "time to eat lunch", etc. You get the idea. The good news....I graduate in May instead of December!

That is all for now. I have to get back to the grind.


No comments:

Post a Comment